The Passage Selection question type allows learners to select words, phrases, or sentences from a passage in response to a question prompt. Specific selections from the passage can be designated as correct or incorrect inputs, allowing you to specify targeted feedback for each response from the learner.
Build a Passage Selection Question
Click + New Assessment, choose the assignment type, name the assessment, click Add, click + Add Content or Question, click + Add Question, and then click Passage Selection.
1. Add Title.
2. Write or paste passage into the Answer body.
3. Click Save Passage.
4. Highlight the text that will represent the correct answer.
5. Click Set Correct Answer. (The answer text will turn green.)
6. Add Feedback.
7. Tag question.
Add Specific Feedback
In addition to specifying generic feedback for incorrect responses, you can also add specific feedback that is shown when the learner highlights an incorrect part of the passage. To do so:
1. In the feedback area below the passage, click the blue "+" button to create a new incorrect response. The Add Feedback dialog box appears.
2. On the left side of the dialog box, click No.
3. Highlight a passage that will trigger the incorrect feedback.
4. Click Answer.
5. Click Add.
6. Add specific feedback to the incorrect response.
Incorrect Feedback Responses
When the learner highlights this text instead of the correct answer text, the incorrect feedback will be displayed.
On the Add Feedback page, you can also configure incorrect answer feedback to display under these conditions:
1. When the learner selects the answer text plus additional text.
2. When the learner selects only part of the correct answer text.
To use either option, select it, click Add, and then enter specific feedback.
Video: How to Build a Passage Selection Question
This video demonstrates how to build a Passage Selection question.
Add video found on this page: https://library-dev.acrobatiq.com/courseware/page/5d373f47507bbb1db9002955/wbp_passage_selection_question_type
Please note: This video was created using a previous version of Smart Author.