Types of Dashboard Cards
Learning cards provide data on students' progress toward specific objectives and activities as a group or individually. The questions on these cards focus on student learning rather than their activity or clicks. Learning cards may show the learning estimate, which predicts the chances that a student will answer a new problem for a specific learning objective correctly on the first try.
There are six standard cards, each answering a specific question:
- How well are my students learning? Compares student Learning Estimates on learning objectives to the amount of available practice a student has completed.
- Which objectives are my students having difficulty with? Shows student Learning Estimates and formative activity completion for each learning objective. View this information for all or select students, and drill into each learning objective to see individual student data.
- Which students are having difficulties? Compares student Learning Estimates to the amount of formative activities a student has completed. This view can be filtered by learning objective(s), module(s), and population (students).
- Which activities are my students having difficulty with? Shows the percentage of students who have attempted an activity at least once and their rate of first attempt accuracy on the questions in the activity. The activities view can be filtered by population (students), module(s), and activity purpose (practice and/or assessments).
- How are my students engaging with the course? Shows student work by module and relates that to accuracy, activity completion, pages viewed, and time spent.
- How often are students visiting the course? Shows how often students are logging in as well as number of page views and average session length.
If your course contains Before You Continue activities, an additional card is displayed
How well are my students self-assessing? Shows student confidence level compared to their Learning Estimate. Confidence level is based on student self-assessment in Before You Continue activities. Learning Estimate is based on student performance in course activities. If students have added any questions to the Before You Continue activity, these will also be displayed. This card is only available in courses with Before You Continue activities.
Detailed Question View
When you click an inquiry or its card, the summary view or chart view is shown. You can access a detailed view of the data by clicking the table icon at the top left of the card. You can then perform various manipulations or actions:
- Pare down the data based on pertinent parameters, such as population (all or selected students), time, learning objective, location in the course (units and modules), and other parameters
- Switch between graphical and tabular views of the data
- Filter the data when displayed as a data table
- Export the data by printing, creating a PDF, creating a CSV-format spreadsheet, or copying the data to your clipboard so that you can paste it into an existing document or email