Supported file types: .mp4, .mp3, .gif, .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .txt, .pdf, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .csv, and .tsv.
- images and .mp4 videos will display embedded on page
- .mp3, .txt, .pdf are included as a link that previews the file in a new tab
- .docx, .pptx, .xlsx, .csv and .tsv files are included as a link that downloads the file
While the maximum file size for upload is 30 MB, images larger than 2 MB are not recommended due to excessive load time.
Best Practice File Naming
The following naming conventions for files added to the Media Manager are recommended:
- Do not use punctuation, symbols, or special characters (periods, commas, parentheses, ampersands, asterisks, and so on).
- Hyphens and underscores are acceptable.
- Examples of recommended file names:
Whether you drag a file into or select a file from the Media Manager, you'll see a form where you can record details, or metadata, for the image. The available fields are:
- Name (label)
- Alt text (accessible description)
- Temporary (select if the media will be replaced during development)
- DRM source
- DRM expiration
- DRM license information
After you have added metadata to a media file, click Submit.
After adding an image, click on its thumbnail to review or edit the metadata. The image that you clicked appears in the Asset Details box on the right side of the Media Manager page. Click the blue Edit bar below the thumbnail to review or change the metadata.
When you upload an item, it is added to the Media Manager in the folder indicated. You can see a list of folders and manage those folders on the left side of the Media Manager page, below the Add Media area. By default, there is a Default folder (which includes all images in the Media Manager) and an Images folder. If you add other types of media, such as video, make folders for them by clicking + Add Folder.
Subset image folders make it easier to locate images and other media in the future.
Searching for Media
You can locate a specific image using the Search box at the upper right of the Media Manager screen or browse the images using the navigation bar.
The search function
Navigate through pages of file thumbnails in the Media Manager using this navigation bar.
Double-click an image for a full-size preview, or click the image and choose View Full Size in the Asset Details pane on the right side of the Media Manager page.