Hand-in assignments allow students to electronically hand in an assignment to an instructor for grading. Smart Author does not automatically grade hand-in activities.
Create a New Hand-In Assignment
Use hand-in assignments when students need to submit an item for grading.
To create a new hand-in assignment:
1. From the left-side menu, click on Assessments and go to Activities.
2. On the Activities page, click on Add Assessment button and select Hand-in Assignment.
3. Add a title for your new activity and click Save. You can now start editing your assignment.
Add the Hand-In Assignment
1. On the Smart Author editor, click +Add section. Select Assessments & Assignments and click Add to page.
2. On the newly created section choose Create a new Activity.
- Note: You can add an already-created activity to the page. Add a new section, go to Select existing Activity, click on the Hand-in tab, and search for the desired activity.
3. Select Hand-in, add a title, and click Add.
1. Attach/Add a learning objective to the assignment.
2. Click ADD CONTENT OR QUESTION to start adding content to this assignment.
3. On the Hand-in details section you can choose how your students can submit the assignment, select one from these options:
Enter text information: this is for a short bit of text from the student. It should not be used for students to submit an entire paper.
Upload files (less than 100 MB): allow students to attach a document that is less than 100 MB.
Supply a Valid URL to student work: this allows students to submit a Web link to their blog, video, or another online asset.
4. To select how you want this activity to be graded, Click Select a Rubric. (See Rubrics for directions on creating a rubric.)
5. Enter Immediate feedback. This section is displayed immediately after a student submits work for grading.
Note: See Link to Assessment: Standalone Activities for directions on how to add a hand-in assignment to a page.