Types of Dashboard Cards
Two types of cards are available on the Learning Dashboard: learning cards and activity cards.
Learning cards provide data on students' progress toward specific objectives and activities as a group or individually. The questions on these cards focus on student learning rather than their activity or clicks. Learning cards may show the learning estimate, which predicts the chances that a student will answer a new problem for a specific learning objective correctly on the first try.
Activity cards provide participation data. The questions on these cards focus on students' level of participation with their courseware.
There are six Learning Cards, each answering a specific question:
- How well are my students learning?
- How well are my students self-assessing?
- Where in the course are my students having difficulty?
- Which objectives are my students having difficulty with?
- Which students are having difficulties?
- Which activities are my students having difficulties with?
There are three Activity Cards, each answering a specific question:
- How much practice have my students done?
- How often are students logging in?
- Where have my students spent their time?
Detailed Question View
When you click an inquiry or its card, the summary view or chart view is shown. You can access a detailed view of the data by clicking the table icon at the top left of the card. You can then perform various manipulations or actions:
- Pare down the data based on pertinent parameters, such as population (all or selected students), time, learning objective, location in the course (units and modules), and other parameters
- Switch between graphical and tabular views of the data
- Filter the data when displayed as a data table
- Export the data by printing, creating a PDF, creating a CSV-format spreadsheet, or copying the data to your clipboard so that you can paste it into an existing document or email